Lately, we’ve discussed some causes and treatments for toenail fungus as well as a few reasons to see a podiatrist. The following resources offer more great information on these topics:
- This article from About.com provides more information about toenail fungus.
- Sometimes the best option is prevention—this article explores how to keep fungus from affecting your toenails.
- The American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons provides information on the causes, symptoms, and treatment for hammertoe.
- The National Institutes of Health discuss bunions and how to recognize, prevent, and treat them.
- For help keeping your toes in tip-top shape, follow these tips from Everyday Health.
For more information on the treatment of hammertoes, bunions and fungal infections, contact the Family Foot Center. For over 23 years Dr. Stanley Zawada and the rest of the Family Foot Center staff have provided expert care, diagnosis and treatment of foot disorders for children, adults and seniors in the New York City area. Visit us online or call us at (718) 767-5555 to learn more about our services or to make an appointment.
The materials available at this website are for informational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing medical advice. You should contact your doctor to obtain advice with respect to any particular medical issue or problem. Use and access to this website or any of the links contained within the site do not create a doctor-client relationship. The opinions expressed at or through this site are the opinions of the individual author and may not reflect the opinions of the medical office or any individual doctor or physician.