Would you like to learn more about summer foot care or how to prevent infections of the feet? Check out these helpful resources. Contact the Family Foot Center at (718) 767-5555 for more information.
- When used inappropriately, flip-flop sandals can cause harm to your feet. Learn more by visiting the American Podiatric Medical Association website.
- One of the most common conditions associated with prolonged flip-flop use is plantar fasciitis. Read more about this condition on the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons’ official website.
- This article from MedicineNet.com provides more helpful information about summer foot care and avoiding common foot problems associated with this time of year.
- Athlete’s foot is a common fungal infection of the feet that occurs most frequently between the toes. Read more about this condition on the MedlinePlus medical reference.
- Fungal infections can also occur beneath the toenails. Read this article from the Mayo Clinic for a comprehensive overview of this type of infection.